YW Calgary Coronavirus Update
YW Calgary is closely following the Alberta Relaunch Strategy and making plans of our own that will align, while also taking into account the uniqueness of our facilities and the vulnerability of our clients. Our focus will continue to be on keeping the nearly 200 women and children who reside in a YW building safe and healthy while we carefully take steps to re-open closed doors.
As part of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy, YW Childcare is open and available to the public with full-time, part-time and drop-in spaces. YW Fitness is also open as of June 22, 2020 with added protocols and pre-scheduled workouts – learn more.
Several YW programs are available virtually, including Counselling, Domestic Violence Outreach, Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada, Women’s Employment Resource Center, Mindful Moments, Family Access (Visitation) Services, Family Resource Network and COMPASS. For more updates on YW programs and services call 403-232-1585. Shelter and housing programs and crisis line remains open 24/7.
Updated June 30, 2020
There are several preventive measures that we should all take to prevent the spread of the virus, including:
- Encouraging frequent hand washing, for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Educating and informing staff and clients about proper sanitation and hygiene to protect themselves and others:
- avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands;
- coughing or sneezing into your sleeve and not the hands;
- increasing signage reminders throughout common spaces to encourage handwashing and sanitation
- Cleaning common areas more frequently and deepening our efforts in cleaning and disinfecting surfaces with stronger disinfectants
- Stay home if you’re feeling unwell
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Self-isolate for 14 days if you are returning from travel outside Canada
If you would like more information on the Coronavirus, please refer to the Government of Alberta website.
At YW Calgary, safety is paramount. It is the first principle within our Practice Framework and is our top priority for clients, staff and community. Thank you for your commitment and support in creating a safe community for all.