As Alberta & Calgary shifts into the new COVID-world, YW is developing forward-thinking plans and adapting to implement the tools and skills we have gained through the pandemic. We are slowly and intentionally re-opening in-person program delivery for services that shifted virtual and continuing to go above and beyond to keep our facilities safe for clients, employees and customers.
Our focus remains firmly on keeping the nearly 200 women and children who reside in a YW building safe and healthy while directing our attention and resources to areas where we can have the greatest impact on the largest number of individuals
YW Calgary program updates
The following programs offer in-person programs and supports:
YW Childcare – full-time, part-time and drop-in spaces at the YW Hub facility.
YW Fitness – pre-scheduled workouts; on-line health checks; additional cleaning; NEW contractor offering assessments & personal training
The following YW programs are offering a combination of virtual and in-person:
Counselling, Domestic Violence Outreach, Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada, Women’s Employment Resource Center, Mindful Moments, Family Access (Visitation) Services, Family Resource Network and COMPASS.
All YW employees, contractors and vendors must complete an online health check before entering a YW facility. If you are a contractor or vendor, please complete your health check here. If you are an employee, click here.
For more updates on YW programs and services call 403-232-1585.
Updated August 4, 2020
There are several preventive measures that we should all take to prevent the spread of the virus, including:
- Encouraging frequent hand washing, for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Educating and informing staff and clients about proper sanitation and hygiene to protect themselves and others:
- avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands;
- coughing or sneezing into your sleeve and not the hands;
- increasing signage reminders throughout common spaces to encourage handwashing and sanitation
- Cleaning common areas more frequently and deepening our efforts in cleaning and disinfecting surfaces with stronger disinfectants
- Stay home if you’re feeling unwell
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Self-isolate for 14 days if you are returning from travel outside Canada
If you would like more information on the Coronavirus, please refer to the Government of Alberta website.
At YW Calgary, safety is paramount. It is the first principle within our Practice Framework and is our top priority for clients, staff and community. Thank you for your commitment and support in creating a safe community for all.