Every year the YW has the privilege of working with individuals and groups who come together to create awareness and raise funds on behalf of YW. Hosting a fundraiser enables you to become a catalyst in our community while having fun and helping vulnerable women and their family’s transition to a place of hope and resilience.
Your fundraiser can raise money that will help women and their families, who may be struggling with poverty, homelessness, family violence or isolation, to move from a position of vulnerability to one of sustainable strength and opportunity.
Here are a few ideas for ways you can help:
- Hold a charitable golf tournament and sell mulligans, donate registration fees;
- Collect donations in lieu of gifts at your birthday, anniversary or company party;
- Host a gala and organize a silent auction;
- Organize a community garage or yard sale and donate proceeds.
- Host an online fundraiser! Find YWCA Calgary on GoFundMe and Facebook Fundraisers to collect donations in lieu of gifts at your birthday, anniversary or company party. Learn more about online fundraising ideas here.
By hosting a fundraising event, you’re helping to make a difference in your own community. You’re becoming part of the solution. We can’t do it without you. Please fill out a fundraising application form by clicking the button below, and our team will contact you!
YW is a registered Canadian charity #108227927RR0001. Tax receipts are available and applicable to donors through most fundraising efforts; however, some CRA rules and regulations do apply. Contact us for details.
Please contact us with any ideas or questions and we will walk you through the best ways to ensure your fundraiser is fun and successful: