Domestic Violence Safety Planning Course
This live, interactive course will explore the topic of safety planning.
The practice of safety planning plays a significant role when supporting those impacted by violence. You will leave this course with the tools you need to understand risk, identify times when a safety plan is needed, and develop a basic safety plan with clients from diverse backgrounds.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify situations when a safety plan is needed
- Recognize at least one risk and one protective factor related to domestic violence
- Describe different domestic violence resources and supports
- Develop a basic domestic violence safety plan for an adult and a child
In light of Family Violence Prevention Month, we encourage you to register for this course to support this time of awareness through education.
- November 29, 2023
- 8:45am MST-4:00pm MST
- In-person at YW Calgary Hub: 1715 – 17 Avenue SE Calgary, AB, T2G 5J1