Every year the YWCA Calgary has the privilege of working with individuals and groups who come together to create awareness, raise funds or collect gifts-in-kind on behalf of YW. Hosting a Fundraiser allows you to become a catalyst in our community while having fun and helping vulnerable women and their families’ transition to a place of hope and resilience. Below are a few ideas for ways to help YW intervene, empower and lead when and where women need us most. Please contact us with any ideas or questions and we will walk you through the best ways to ensure your fundraiser is fun and successful.
Call Patricia, Development Officer at 403.232.1596 or email email@example.com.
- Hold a charitable golf tournament or other sporting event and sell mulligans, donate participation fees or raffle off prizes
- Collect donations in lieu of gifts at your birthday, anniversary or company party
- Host a gala and donate proceeds
- Organize a community garage or yard sale and donate proceeds
- Participate in any “a-thon” and collect pledges on behalf of the YWCA
YW is a registered Canadian charity #108227927 RR0001. Tax receipts are available and applicable to donors through most fundraising efforts; however, some CRA rules and regulations do apply.