With just under a month until the YWCA WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES® fundraising event on September 18, there is still time to register and form a team. Whether you sign up as an individual or convince a group of co-workers or friends to join you, here are a few incentives to sway you in the participation direction:
- Excellent team-builder. Not to mention mad props from your female colleagues!
- Great calf workout. Have you been skipping leg day at the gym?
- Bragging rights. Think of the community-building addition to your LinkedIn page and poke fun at your competitors when you raise more funds (and look better in heels)
- Free lunch! Who doesn’t love a meal on the house, especially from Red Wagon Diner food truck!
- Awards. Guaranteed participant medal plus the possibility of winning the Top Walker or Top Team trophy
- Get out of the office. Miss a little bit of work (but not too much, see reason #8)
- Practical proximity. The event takes place downtown at Olympic Plaza, possibly even walking distance from your office.
- Outfits are optional! Who doesn’t love a good costume party?! Halloween in September, anyone? In case you’re wondering, the shoes are provided so you don’t have to break the bank and we promise to have your size!
- Free haircut! Our sponsor, Tommy Gun’s Original Barber Shop, are offering a free cut to the first 275 walkers!
- Last but most importantly, you’ll be helping women and their children in Calgary walk away from family violence.
Find out more and register today at walkamile.ca