This Saturday, June 18th, 2022, communities throughout Calgary will gather to celebrate Neighbour Day with various types of events such as block parties, barbeques, and even neighbourhood cleanups.
The tradition of Neighbour Day began in 2014, one year after Southern Alberta was heavily affected by flooding. The way that communities throughout Calgary supported one another that challenging summer was truly inspiring, and from it grew Neighbour Day.
This day is an opportunity to connect with neighbours, have fun, and learn about one another. Here at YW Calgary, we feel so lucky to be a part of the Inglewood community. To show our gratitude and celebrate, we are putting on a parking lot party from 11:00am – 2:00pm. Come on over to have some fun!
Our celebration will include:
- Live music by Heather Blush from 11:30am-12:30pm
- Activities for kids, put on by YW Mindful Moments team and YW Family Resource Network
- The Little Red Reading House Van will be parked and ready for little readers
- A crafting activity for children and adults, put on by the Esker Foundation
- Draw-prizes, including YW Fitness passes. Enter your name into the draw before the end of our event for a chance to win!
Come on down to celebrate with us! Please note that our parking lot will be closed for the event, and street parking is limited. We encourage you to seek public transit options, or walk or ride your bike to the event!
Looking for more ways to celebrate? Connect with the Inglewood Community Association to find a block party near you, or check out the Little Red Reading House open house from 10:00am-2:00pm!