This free, eight week program teaches kids (ages 8 to 12) how and when to use mindfulness skills to cope when challenging situations arise. By learning strategies to manage stressful situations more effectively, participants build stronger family relationships. Participants are provided with new strategies each week and are encouraged to engage in mindfulness practice between sessions.
The program teaches children:
- What Mindfulness is, at a developmentally appropriate level
- When to use Mindfulness skills
- New Strategies each week to implement into daily routine
These skills helps children to:
- Be prepared to response to stresses that arise
- Grow in compassion and empathy for others
- Learn to accept difficult emotions
- Improve conflict resolution skills
- Develop a stronger bond between parent/caregiver and child
Mindful Moments also provides additional parent and professional workshops on various topics. Mindful parenting applies the principles of minfulness to situation in your family that can feel stressful at times. The goal of bringing mindfulness to parenting is to respond thoughtfully to your child’s behaviour or actions versus simply reacting.
If you would like additional information, feel free to contact us at 403-750-2500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org