THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Thank you for your past support as a participant, donor and/or sponsor of YW KEEP A ROOF OVER THEIR HEADS®. This unique event began in 2008 and we are grateful for your help in raising more than $1.3 million in support of women and children experiencing homelessness.
In response to recent declines in participation, and being mindful and diligent about the use of our limited resources, we have made the decision to take a hiatus from hosting KEEP A ROOF OVER THEIR HEADS®.
However, the need for your support still exists.
Did you know
- That on any given night YW provides shelter and safety to more than 170 women and children!
- That in 2017 more than 200 women experiencing homelessness stay in our transitional housing facility.
- That every year approximately 200 women and 260 children stay at the Sheriff King Home Crisis Shelter.
You can still help
There are many ways you can continue to support women experiencing homelessness, as well as women living through abuse, poverty and isolation.
- Become a monthly donor for as little as $10 per month. Monthly donations ensure consistent programming and service delivery to our clients. Whether you make a $10 or $1,000 monthly donation you are making a difference in the lives of women, children and men. Click here to start your donation today.
- Participate in WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES®. Join hundreds of women and men as we take a stand for women and children experiencing abuse. Registration opens spring 2018. Visit walkamile.ca for more information.
- Host your own fundraising event and donate the proceeds to YW. Click here for more information.
You Can Help
The success of the women and families supported by YW are your success too. We cannot do this alone, your support helps us provide vulnerable women with flexible, personalized support to help them and their families move forward with dignity in times of crises.