Impact of Your Dollar
As much as volunteering and contributed gifts help YWCA Calgary, it is donation dollars that fund our infrastructure of support. YW enlists the guidance of specialists in health care, child education, counselling, legal aid, and many other disciplines.
YWCA Calgary is a registered Canadian charity (#108227927 RR0001)
With your help, we are better able to fulfil our mission to intervene, empower, and lead women when and where it is needed most.
I am passionate about supporting the journeys of women and girls from poverty and family violence to a place of independence and resilience. As a former board member and committed donor, I have seen the very real difference the YWCA makes in helping women and girls to navigate this journey.”– Pat Stewart, former board member
The Value of A Dollar
- $10,000 would support the funding of one bed for approximately five months at the Mary Dover House
- $2,680 shelters a woman for her 21 day stay at the YWCA Sheriff King Home Family Violence Shelter
- $63 provides one woman with a safe place to live, basic needs and counselling for one day in our short-term supportive housing program.
- $1,140 allows a child to receive counselling during their stay in our shelter after experiencing family violence
- $620 means a new Canadian can take English through YW to improve communication skills and successfully integrate into social and workplace settings